Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rock Cages being moved, forklift stuck in mud!



Rufus Grider Painted Rocks-copyright Manzi 1996

WELL, it seemed we needed a little humor yesterday and so we asked to have the two
sections of cage which have not been covered moved into place near our work station
outside of Adirondack Studios in Argyle, where all preparatory work has been done on
the project.  The three minute video shows what fun we had when the forklift got stuck in



the mud.  Actually I have to apologize because I was so shaken by the attempt to rock the forklift with cage suspended out of the rut, I turned off the camera for awhile. Stars of yesterday's video are Max and Kevin, movers extraordinaire, with Max at the wheel and Tyler Needham lending a hand.  Included is a little footage of me cutting and shaping the metal lath that will hold the concrete.  Joel is on camera.  We have discovered that Joel has a real feeling for this sort of thing! In his spare time he is working side by side with me applying the lath.

Sorry, ...it seems there is a problem uploading my video.  You can go to 
http://gallery.me.com/manzi/100049
This is my mobile me account.
I will continue to try to upload.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Alice


I DO HOPE that those of you who are following the project can see the relationship of the cages to the original rock and model.  I will soon have time to post more info, and I hope to be more clear about where we are going.  

PS VERY INTERESTING;  I went to the Rufus Grider exhibit at the Arkell Museum in Canajoharie Sunday and was able to see one of the five (known) existing watercolors the artist did of the Painted Rocks of Amsterdam.  This version is huge in comparison to the one in his notebooks which I am using for the images- possibly 20 by 30 inches.  It is very vibrant and shows some of the Native people carrying bows and arrows. I think you would all enjoy seeing some of Grider's work- all on the subject of the Mohawk Valley.

So....do visit the Arkell Museum, just off the Thruway at Exit 29.  Also check out the website of Adirondack Studios at www.adkstudios.com.  Some very out of the box stuff which has been installed all over the world.


  

1 comment:

  1. Great facts, several thanks towards the author. It really is incomprehensible to me now, but in basic, the usefulness and significance is overwhelming. Thanks again and very good luck!

    forklift parts wva

    ReplyDelete